ACUS are ENGINEERS so we design your tank. We provide Engineering to ensure you have a quality product, and our tanks are designed around the liner. Please call us for advice.
- All liners are fully welded using the wedge welding techniques. This is the kindest welding method of all the welding techniques.
- ACUS design and fabricate thousands of liners using this form of welding technique. Liners can vary in size from very in small to the very large tank liners , for EXAMPLE the AUSTRALIAN MARINE INSTITUTE waste water tank diameter 25.21m x 6m tall and the FMG Mine tank at SOLOMON West Australia measuring 19mtrs dia and 12 mtrs high.
- ALL LINERS AND MEMBRANES are manufactured in a ISO 9002 accredited manufacturing facility. The only liner fabricator in Australia to have this accreditation.
- The factory is purpose built with polished floors to prevent damage during fabrication.
- Our liners are manufactured in a facility that has been in operation for 38 years, we have numerous factory staff with over 20 years of service. The significance of this is that they are very experienced and fully understand the consequences of a liner failure. There are checks at every stage in the fabrication process to ensure the liner is being made to specification. This detail is recorded on each work order and on the ERP computer system.
- Every job is CAD designed and then cut on a robotic cutter to within 1mm tolerance.
- Every liner is inflated with air and inspected from under the liner prior to being packaged.
ACUS LATEST MATERIAL FOR DOMESTIC TANKS AND SOME COMMERCIAL TANKS IS:
The Aquamark Polypropylene liner fabric features & benefits include:
- Reinforced scrim based Polypropylene, being reinforced this fabric will not shrink over time.
- 0.65mm nominal thickness @ 400gsm. A high strength lightweight material with durable layered technology supported by high strength woven base material.
- 10 yr UV warranty
- High water resistance making it ideal for water containment.
ACUS Liners and Covers supply tank liners to suit all types of tanks including: drinking water (potable), stock water, electroplating, fire fighting, aquaculture and more. They are suitable for open and closed-top tanks and fit all construction types, including concrete, galvanised steel, concrete block, corrugated iron, fibreglass, brick and ploy tanks.
Provided a leaking tank is structurally sound enough to hold its intended capacity, a flexible tank liner can restore it to better-than-new condition within a day. They are easy to install, and come complete with comprehensive, step-by-step installation instructions. Otherwise use our ACUS installers to install the tank liner for you.
Every tank liner is made to measure, and is designed and shaped by sophisticated software, after which it is carefully patterned and cut by a robotic cutter to ensure a superior fit, accurate to within a millimetre. Any joins are welded with the exclusive wedge weld' stronger than a traditional weld, it has no creases or flaps, giving you a more hygienic liner.
Why an ACUS tank liner?
- Obligation free quote (unless site visit required).
- Choice of specialised materials
- Guaranteed perfect fit
- Exclusive wedge weld' on joins
- Choose from a variety of tank fittings
- Simple, DIY installation
- Warranty options on all tank liners
- Over 25 years experience in liquid containment
- ISO 9001:2000 Quality Accreditation for manufacturing
- Certified by the Water Quality Centre to meet AS4020 (Int) 1994
- Australian made, for the Australian climate
- Order is easy, just measure, email and purchase!
Available in a range of specialised liner and membrane materials:
PVC Potable Tank Liner Is specially designed as a low cost Potable grade membrane available for storage of drinking water. The standard gauges are 0.50mm or 0.75mm. It comes in black, is very flexible and is produced from high grade virgin ingredients that meet the stringent requirements of AS4020 (Int) 1994 for potability.
PVC650 Potable Tank Liner Food Grade reinforced PVC suitable for storage of drinking water, this heavy duty, 0.65mm PVC coated fabric is a high quality, high tenacity polyester fabric in a tearstop construction (in both directions).makes it ideal for use in larger storage tanks.
Aquafab 200â„¢ Tank Liner is a durable tank membrane, based on a coated polyethylene reinforced mesh. Wherever water or other liquids need to be retained, Aquafab 200â„¢ offers strength and quality.
These tank liners are great for dometic water tanks.
Aeonâ„¢ PTL & PTR Primarily designed as high performance, flexible membrane tank liners manufactured using the very latest DuPont Elvaloy© technology. Available in grey 0.75mm gauge and reinforced .90mm gauge, are suitable for use with potable water and have excellent heat, oil, fuel and chemical resistance making it appropriate for containment of a wide range of liquids.
Aeonâ„¢ XOL & XOR A long life light green geomembrane manufactured using the very latest DuPont Elvaloy© technology. Highly developed to resist chemical attack, microbial attack and weathering, Aeonâ„¢ XOL is un-reinforced while XOR is reinforced with an encapsulated edge to resist wicking and has good flexibility and tear strength. Available in 0.75mm and .90mm gauge, are suitable against the risks of spillage from the processing and storage of modern chemicals, fuels and oils and against contamination spreading from old sites.
The ACUS liner is the Critical part of ACUS Tanks
The tank liners are made to fit the tank correctly.
AQUAS liners are field proven and are flexible, tough and made to last.
AQUAS liners can store a variety of liquids.
These AQUAS liners are made to store in the most efficient way clean portable water.
The tanks can also have fitted insect and vermin proofing to ensure clean drinking water.
The water corporation uses our liners.
These versatile, field proven membranes are flexible, tough and made to last.
AQUAS liners are available for storage of clean drinking water, fire storage water, waste water, effluent treatments, petroleum products, alkaline, cyanide, and volatile acids.
All AQUAS liners are made and installed in compliance ANZ ISO 9001/2 Quality Assurance Standards
What we avoid with our tanks
Corrugated walls and roll formed walls on liner tanks.
Corrugated walls are thin and the wall steel is not as heavy as our wall steel.
These walls are corrugated to induce strength into the steel as the steel is too thin to detriment of the liner.
Others try and provide cheaper and thinner liners with a
laminated fibre reinforced liner. The reinforcing is necessary, as the liner material does not have the strength to support its own weight. This causes problems as not only the weight of the steel has been reduced, but the thickness of the inner layer of the liner (water barrier) is reduced, due to the laminations in the liner material. The inner water barrier will be thin and
strengthened by the fibre reinforcing and any material can be used outside the fibre reinforcement on the liner, to prevent water absorption from under the tank.
Problems can occur as the welded seams in the floor and the walls cannot be totally sealed and if a fibre is exposed it will suck water into the laminated layer between the outer and inner skins, separating the layers and leaking (œwicking).
As it is impossible to repair the reinforced liner not only will the customer have to buy a new liner but the customer will have to buy thousands of dollars worth of lost water.
AQUAS liners can be repaired easily with a simple patch, even if there is water in the tank.
Corrugated walls also cause the liner to fatigue by rubbing and premature failure of the liner occurs The Heart of the tank can fail. It is not possible for the liner which is pulled down with water weight to follow the shape of the corrugated tank wall. It either stretches 100% into the grove or the strength of the liner takes the weight of tones of water. Eventually the liner will fail. We Won't sell you anything like this as we understand your need for water and water security and provide a flat wall which fully supports the AQUAS liner
ACUS Tanks the ideal storage system for your water storage needs custom made if required.